Private Equity Deal Support:
We work with Private Equity Houses to assist them in the evaluation, development and completion of transactions. Our scope can vary widely from simply providing assistance to the management team with the development of a financial model to providing assistance to the private equity house with valuation and structuring. A key aspect of our assistance will often be our sector expertise.
A full deal support role could include;
- Assessment and further development of plans presented to the PE house – challenging assumptions, developing an integrated financial model and understanding dynamics such as,
- true LFL performance,
- payback on capex,
- trading sensitivities,
- sustainable working capital levels,
- scope for gross margin improvement and
- overall planned performance vs historics
- Developing presentations for potential debt providers et al
- Highlighting areas of potential risk in a business or transaction and helping to scope due diligence as appropriate
- Negotiating key commercial terms with vendors alongside the private equity client using sector expertise in particular for matters such as working capital mechanisms, specific warranties, earn-outs etc
We are highly experienced at working alongside, or project managing a private equity client’s other professional advisors including banks, brokers, lawyers, PR advisers and financial, commercial and other due diligence providers.